eCivis is a fast-growing, mission-based SaaS company in the emerging Govtech market. eCivis provides the #1 SaaS/Cloud grants management and cost allocation software solution in state, local and tribal government marketing. If you are a highly successful Enterprise Sales professional seeking an opportunity to earn more and make a difference read on.
eCivis is part of GTY Technology (NASDAQ: GTYH) the leading public sector SaaS company offering a cloud-based suite of solutions for North American state and local governments. Our company’s mission is to deliver a fully integrated cloud platform that helps state, local and tribal government agencies maximize their grant revenues, track financial and program performance, prepare cost allocation plans and budgets, stay compliant and access free open data tools to better utilize Federal resources.
The Sales Director’s primary role is to drive net new bookings of eCivis software through managing a team of Senior Account Executives to prospect and close new sales opportunities. This is a highly visible and critical role within the organization, requiring strong leadership skills. The Sales Director will be expected to help lead the strategy for growth together with the VP of Sales. With potentially long, complex sales cycles, it will be critical for the Sales Director to work closely with their direct reports in developing and executing robust territory plans. The Sales Director will be relied upon to ensure consistently high levels of activity among the team and close adherence to key performance measures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and support a team of Senior Account Executives, covering State and Local and Tribal Government markets covering the US.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop sales strategies for designated verticals, and segments including identifying new lead generation activities and channels.
- Support direct reports through joint participation on sales calls.
- Take initiative to become a subject matter expert for all eCivis products and services.
- Guide team in preparing pricing proposals – review and approve all proposals before presenting to prospect clients.
- Assist team through engaging other departments for support where required (Solutions Architects, Implementation, Customer Success, Software Engineering and Operations).
- Mentor, coach, and develop direct reports towards success in their role.
- Manage performance and drive accountability of direct reports through monitoring and reporting of KPIs.
- Ensure all sales activities for the team are tracked in SalesForce both accurately and timely. Take full responsibility for forecast accuracy.
- Facilitate organizational communications – ensure the team is aware of company news and initiate interactions with other departments/teams.
- Initiate and leverage relationships with channel partners to uncover and advance opportunities.
- Bring positive energy to your team and the company – celebrate successes and foster a strong sense of collaboration.
- Continue to build team on company Core Values to drive business and support organizational culture.
- Minimum 5 years in a sales leadership role with proven success in leading others to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Minimum 5 years experience and proven success in a direct selling role.
- Firm understanding of sales methodologies to lead and guide team.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- A strong passion for coaching, mentoring, and developing direct reports.
- Experience selling software solutions strongly preferred.
- Experience selling into U.S State and Local and Tribal Governments strongly preferred.
- Experience with grants management, finance, accounting, budgeting, and forecasting will be an asset.
- Ability to relate to diverse individuals across a wide range of positions from C-level to analyst.
Key Working Relationships:
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Sales and the Chief Marketing Officer to set each vertical and segment overall strategy.
- Ability to liaise with Project Managers, Professional Services, and Software Developers in quoting and developing customer implementation, integration plans, and strategies.
- Provide customer feedback to appropriate channels to help drive product enhancement and servicing strategy.
- The position will be based in Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Some irregular hours may be required for travel and to attend conferences, trade shows, and customer events
- 10-20% travel within North America (post-pandemic), sometimes requiring overnight and weekend stays
- Flex-work options may be available
eCivis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status concerning public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.