Director of Marketing (Pasadena, CA or Remote, USA)
eCivis is a fast-growing, mission-based SaaS company in the emerging Govtech market. eCivis provides the #1 SaaS/Cloud grants management and cost allocation software solution in state, local and tribal government markets. eCivis is part of GTY Technology (NASDAQ: GTYH) the leading public sector SaaS company offering a cloud-based suite of solutions for North American state and local governments.
Our company’s mission is to deliver a fully integrated cloud platform that helps state, local and tribal government agencies maximize their grant revenues, track financial and program performance, prepare cost allocation plans and budgets, stay compliant and access free open data tools to better utilize Federal resources.
About the Role
The role of the Director of Marketing reports to the CEO and will require an experienced leader, creative thinker who is equally data-driven with hard analytical and problem-solving skills. You are comfortable in a fast-paced, scale-up environment where you manage multiple complex creative projects simultaneously and adapt quickly. You love taking complex marketing and operations challenges and bringing structure and consistency. You are an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can execute in the trenches, as well as provide strategic leadership.
- Responsible for developing and executing an annual marketing plan and strategy across all channels (80% online, 20% offline). Manage marketing budget and expenditures.
- Build and manage a high-performing marketing team with exceptional coaching skills.
- Define, develop and execute high-impact online and offline marketing strategies designed to generate new leads, improve user retention, and support our channel partners.
- Analyze and track campaign performance. Familiar with Marketing Contribution Modeling concepts.
- Work closely with sales, product, and development teams to align marketing strategies, including targeting key accounts.
- Own and manage the marketing stack - including website, blog, email, social, ads, SEO, web analytics, and other marketing tools.
- Coordinate with the leadership team to direct and support market research, including short and long-term trends and competitor analysis.
- Maintain brand standards across all marketing and communications.
- 5+ years experience in B2B marketing in a growing organization. SAAS, and/or public sector experience preferred.
- 2+ years experience with Marketing Automation and Marketing attribution tools
- Experience and examples of building, executing, and measuring successful digital marketing plans that drove efficient growth
- Demonstrate the ability to build and lead effective teams.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of marketing automation (with examples).
- Experience and high level of proficiency with content management, customer relationship management systems (i.e. Salesforce), marketing automation (i.e. HubSpot)
- Prior experience working in state, local and tribal government products
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong attention to detail.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience. MA/MS preferred
- Remote working experience
- Mission-driven, diverse, passionate coworkers with an awesome remote team culture
- Salary: Depends on experience and location
- Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401k program
- Unlimited FTO and flexible working hours
- Remote Employee Stipend
- Fully remote organization
Job Type: Full-time – Remote USA
eCivis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status concerning public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.