eCivis is a fast-growing, mission-based SaaS company in the emerging Govtech market. eCivis provides the #1 SaaS/Cloud grants management and cost allocation software solution in the state, local and tribal government marketing. If you are a highly successful Enterprise Sales professional seeking an opportunity to earn more and make a difference read on.
eCivis is part of GTY Technology (NASDAQ: GTYH) the leading public sector SaaS company offering a cloud-based suite of solutions for North American state and local governments. Our company’s mission is to deliver a fully integrated cloud platform that helps state, local and tribal government agencies maximize their grant revenues, track financial and program performance, prepare cost allocation plans and budgets, stay compliant and access free open data tools to better utilize Federal resources.
We have an exciting opportunity for a solutions-oriented Account Executive. This role is an outside sales opportunity for someone who has a consultative sales approach, is comfortable calling on decision-makers in local governments, and can manage both generating new sales and servicing an existing client base. We will provide training on our software and in the grants funding and management process.
- Focus is on Local, City, and Tribal Governments in (IL/ PA Territory)
- Initiate client contact from marketing-generated leads and client referrals
- Generate leads by networking and establishing a channel
- Demonstrate deep understanding of clients’ business processes and needs by becoming a “business partner” with our clients
- Align products or services to clients’ business needs
- Manage opportunity pipeline by consistently generating new qualified leads and closing on sales in a reasonable timeframe
- Create and report on sales plans that include timelines, activities, call strategies, and goals
- Meet or exceed sales and growth quotas
- Attend to the needs of the existing assigned client base
- Attend trade meetings, conferences, seminars, and conventions
- Travel to the client and potential clients as needed
- Work closely with prospective clients to understand their Grant's objectives and create appropriate solutions to meet their business needs.
- Articulate the eCivis value proposition and successfully communicate eCivis competitive advantages, resources, and processes to clients and prospects.
- Develop compelling value propositions based on ROI cost/benefit analysis.
- Develop customer account strategies and tactical penetration plans and establish, document, and maintain solid communication and follow-up procedures for all assigned accounts.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale.
- 5+ years of experience in technology sales
- Experience in Govtech, State, Local and Tribal Sales preferred
- Experienced and comfortable selling in 90- to the 180-day sales cycle
- Track record of successfully meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- The consultative, solutions-oriented sales process (SPIN Selling, Miller Heiman, Sandler, etc.)
- Ability to develop quick rapport and build loyalty with high-level government officials
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
- Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
- Strong prospecting and networking skills
- Strong CRM Experience (Salesforce preferred)
- Knowledge of Government and Tribal organizational structure and decision-making process a plus (preferred qualification)
Able to travel for customer-facing visits across US territory once travel opens up for the company
Benefits and Perks:
- Highly competitive base salary with excellent commission plans and OTE
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid holidays
- FlexPTO Policy
- Monthly Remote Stipend
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation